During the summer of 2014, the Society purchased a SoloShot Camera to assist referees in filming their performances for self-development. The SoloShot is a robotic camera which can be programmed to follow the referee, who is wearing radio “tag”, across the field of play. As a result, a separate cameraman is not necessary.
To reserve the SoloShot, please contact Marc Nelson.
To use the SoloShot, follow the instructions given below (revised 10/20/14):
- Make sure everything is charged!
- Power on the Tag let it warm up for 8 min. LED1 should be red, and blinking red when warm.
- Attach tripod to base secure with special wrench, attach camera to tripod.
- Power on Base LED’s 1,2 will be green 3 orange (30’ of screen) 4 should be green.
- Attach Camera Controller to base (if not already) Attach the Multi and Power cable to Camera Controller only!!!
- Connect Power Cable to Camera then the multi cord. The camera should zoom out to all the way.
- Centering Object, pick an object at least 50’ away (Like a Rugby Ball at the 50M) Go to camera and Zoom all the way in on the object. Use the directional arrows on the base to center the object.
- The Tag should now be warm (LED 1 blinking Red) place the tag in your palm with the white facing up and walk around the area of filming for at least 100 steps ending at the camera.
- IMMEDIATELY place the Tag above the Camera and press the + buttons on both!! All 6 LED’s on the base and 3 LED’s on the tag will Flash red when paring is complete.
- IMMEDIATELY and Quickly, go to the centering object with the Tag in the palm of your and white facing skyward and press the + on the tag when you get there. The Tag LED 3 should be blinking red and the base LED on the front should be blinking once green. (To stop recording press and hold the + on the tag and LED 3 should blink green. The Base LED should blink twice.
- Put the Arm band on and press and hold the + on the Tag until LED 3 Blinks Red when you’re ready to start your game recording.
A Cheat Sheet for Users is Available Here: